Angel, Management and Consultancy

Angel applied to the Career Mentor Scheme in order get advice and guidance into Management and Consultancy. Her mentor was the Director of Investment at Dusit International. As such his main responsibilities include studying the investment market for hotels & real estate, raising financing, developing financing structures and negotiating deals.

bank-building-1223895

Angel talked to us about the benefits of the scheme.

What were the highlights of the scheme for you?

My mentor has a similar academic background as me, so I found  connection and comfort when talking to him (as we were both oversea students). Knowing what he went through in his career path gave me insights of how I should plan my short term and long term goals in order to stay away from working overtime without this having a purpose.

What did you find most useful from the mentoring experience?

I did not know enough about the industry as real world experience is always different from myths. He gave me insights into the industry and his comments on my prospective path were really useful.

What message would you give to a student thinking of applying for the Career Mentor Scheme?

This scheme is definitely a really good platform for students who are graduating soon and are not sure what to do. The mentor will guide you, inspire you, help you, just like a good academic tutor would but the mentor does so in your career path.