Justus Chumba -To be Useful.

“The programme has put the lights in my mind and prints a new patterns of thought that I couldn’t realise that it would happen sooner.”

Read Justus’ original letter

navaisha_sign2

Full letter

My name is Justus Cheriyot Chumba aged 39 years now serving life sentence after the president committed from death.  I am behind bars at Naivasha Maximum prison.  I was arrested charged and accused before trial court an offence of robbery with violence back in early 2002 in Kencho County.

I chose to listen to the random opinion of friends but not my inner voice.  These are the words that are lingering in my mind I flashback what made me to be in dungeon today.  But it is interesting because up to date in gourd due to criminal behaviour that I imitated from a friend of mine who was reckless.  I robbed a motor vehicle that is why I am in dungeon.

Eventually after going through full trial I was convicted to death where life was terrible, but the President God spoken to him and commuted our sentences to life. I did not lose heart but I decided to engage myself on activates and courses that are undertaken in penal institution. I have done a lot of courses re sat for O level certificate and numerous courses on theology besides mindful programme.  These are the things that have made me going forward without involving myself on malicious actions.

“The onus behind change rest upon the individual, Change is real”, and also change is possible.  These extract of words is real life I meet. When I come to learn about mindful class, it has taught me individual inherent capacity to change.  Hence I have evaluate the benefits of the meaning of self-definition and self-awareness.  Thanks to heavenly sent angel Dr Inma.  My past had lost but the bright future has descended from heaven through Godly chosen Sister. You have not consider many miles energy and the resources just to come in place here where many people perceived that nothing good can come out but thanks for wakening shattered dreams.

The programme has put the lights in my mind and print a new pattern of thought that I couldn’t realise that it would happen sooner.  I have only two weeks since I joined a class of mindful programme but apparently the sessions have already bear fruit.  The main things that I have learnt is that:-

1. Behaviour is shaped by stimuli either forwards or punishment

2. It has given me an opportunity to understand myself and also to accept that. I had a problematic behaviour that must change and adopt positive self-definition, self-reflection, self-discipline and self-awareness.

Generally the mindful programme has given me resilience to change from the past and to make positive choices that provoke positive result not negative results. It has also taught me that failing to plan is planning to fail in every action I am doing or introduce myself to. Therefore the programme has put a picture in my life that clearer future.  My family, relatives, friends, comics and my inmate colleagues will learn things that are very vital in their life through me as a role model to them.

In my conclusion in my opinion that let the programme continue lengthy so that the community can understand themselves and embrace character that will bring successful society and acceptable environment. My proposal also is that let more programme be initiated under umbrella of Dr Inma

i.e. 1. How once can be entrepreneur after going out in prison?

1. Financial management and others.

Live long Dr Inma.  Live long Mindful programme