I am very happy to announce that I will be charing the South West Doctoral Training Partnership (SWDTP) Conference 2019.
The SWDTP is funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), which is part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)– a new organisation comprised of the seven UK research councils, Innovate UK and Research England. As the biggest investor in Social Science Research in the UK, the ESRC supports “independent, high quality research which has an impact on business, the public sector and civil society”.
The 2019 SWDTP Conference committee was established in our first meeting in April and we were all given our roles, where I was voted as this years chair. This role will involve:
- Chairing meetings effectively, drawing up and controlling the agenda
- Planning, keeping an eye on the bigger picture, while ensuring that tasks and details are on track
- Budget tracking
- People management (committee members, delegates and presenters), team building
- Working under pressure and leadership are important skills
- Providing monthly Chair’s updates for the SWDTP newsletter
- Public speaking, giving opening and closing address
- Liaison with SWDTP team
- Co-ordinating post conference evaluation and write-up
I am hoping to be able to invite participants as guests to attend the 2019 conference. More on this to come.