(Level A) $86,587 – $92,796 per annum plus an employer contribution of 9.5% will apply.
Fixed Term contract for 12 months available immediately.
We are seeking to appoint a postdoctoral Researcher in international trade policy to conduct applied and policy research and teaching.
The Institute for International Trade (IIT) is a leading institution with a global focus and a reputation for providing academically rigorous and practical trade training, policy advice and technical assistance relating to international trade policy and practice. We bring together leading academics, experienced trade practitioners and negotiators to address key challenges faced by businesses and governments seeking to expand trade and investment opportunities globally.
Applicants should have demonstrated understanding of regional and global developments in trade and investments, with particular reference to a combination of the Indo-Pacific region, Australia, and the World Trade Organization (WTO), as well as the underlying economic drivers of trade integration. You must have the enthusiasm and drive to conduct high quality research and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and co-operatively across multiple projects. In addition, you should have excellent communication skills (academic writing in particular), and will be required to supervise and mentor junior researchers.
To be successful you will need:
- A PhD (or evidence of submission of PhD thesis for examination) in international trade, economics, development studies with trade specialization, international political economy, or a closely related field;
- Demonstrated research output (publications, conference papers, reports or technical contributions) on current international trade policy issues, providing evidence of research and writing ability;
- Experience developing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analysing related data; summarising and preparing technical reports and academic journal articles;
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively with senior staff to write grant proposals, generate external funding to support the Institute’s research program and develop strong national as well as international collaborations.
- Ability to occasionally contribute to teaching into the Institute’s Masters of International Trade and Development programme.
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs – including significant industry, government and community collaborations – offers you vase scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. And our work’s cutting-edge nature – not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour – provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our core values are honesty, respect, fairness, discovery and excellence. And our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity. We are firm believers that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills of our staff.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/jobs
Your faculty’s broader role
The Faculty of the Professions delivers excellence in teaching, learning and research driven by real-world, commercial needs in the areas of: law; business; economics and international trade; commercialisation and innovation; architecture, planning and landscape architecture; and global food and resources. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, and has strong connections with business and industry, including internationally.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/professions
If you want to change tomorrow, act today
Click the link to the online application form below and address and upload your responses to all selection criteria. Application close 11.55pm, 12 April 2019.
For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position; contact:
Ph : +61 8 8313 6944