SAGE Research Methods is the ultimate methods library with more than 1000 books, reference works, journal articles, and instructional videos by world-leading academics from across the social sciences, including the largest collection of qualitative methods books available online from any scholarly publisher. The site is designed to guide users to the content they need to learn a little or a lot about their method. The Methods Map can help those less familiar with research methods to find the best technique to use in their research.
The new platform will deliver the following benefits:
- A unified platform for text and video content, providing users with a multimedia research experience
- A fully responsive site that will work well with all mobile phones and tablet devices
- Improved discoverability of content, both from within the platform and from external sources
- We have improved the internal search, meaning better and more relevant results. The Methods Map has been improved, allowing users to explore method concepts with greater ease. The browse options have been enhanced to align with user needs – allowing browse by discipline, content type, and method topic.
- We have cleaned and improved the metadata that feeds our MARC records and external vendor feeds, and we have made numerous improvements that should help us to appear higher in external search results
- A focus on modern, enjoyable design for students, faculty, researchers and librarians, based upon extensive user-testing