Communications Assistant – NSPCC

What were your main roles and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

I helped in various projects across all departments of the NSPCC’s communications directorate; Media/PR, Digital, Internal Communications, and Marketing.

By the end of my internship I was able to confidently contribute ideas in meetings, which really made me feel like I was a productive member of the team. I found that because I was afforded such a wide insight into the company, that sometimes I was able to answer queries and give guidance on areas which other departments were unsure on.

I was able to carry out tasks that lightened the workload of my colleagues. For example, I assisted on a few research projects, researching and analysing the events, marketing and performance of other charities, in which I was able to put my skills as an English undergraduate to good use. I was also able to contribute my own ideas and approaches, such as our social media strategy for some of the NSPCC’s key events and campaigns.

What skills were you able to develop through the internship?

Problem solving, strategic planning, networking

What attributes were you able to develop through the internship?

Initiative, personal awareness, cultural awareness