Project Management Assistant – River Church

Universtiy of Exeter Internships, UoE Internships, SCP, SBP, GBP, A2I

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

My main role was the organisation of meetings, drafting a project proposal in order to implement a new online teaching tool for the church. In addition, I highlighted areas of strengths and weaknesses in our planning. I also assisted with recruiting volunteers to participate in the programme.

My biggest achievement was enhancing my network base. I have met many people from diverse professional backgrounds and I would not have been able to meet and interact with the members of the church if I did not apply for this project.

I was able to complete the implementation of Stage 1 of the online learning academy. It however, has been determined that more funding is required and the employer is in the midst of trying to obtain funding from other sources.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

It was difficult trying to make a schedule which everyone could attend meetings. I always suggested alternative ways of participating in the meetings, i.e. Skype or teleconference.