Student Case Study: That’s Show Business

Name of Student:  Vidip Khttar 

Degree Subject: BSc Computer Science 

Job Title: AI Prototype Web Developer Intern for Tech Startup 

Company Name: That’s Show Business

Description of Organisation:  

The ineffective current forms of copyright protection to protect media content in online platforms are of major concern to the creative industry. That’s Show Business’s goal is to support and safeguard Creatives with their promotion, copyright, collaboration, and recognition by raising their creative profile to find the aspiring stars of the future, break down the barriers to entry to the underrepresented Creative by providing the power of online communities. 

Type of Internship:   

Student Business Partnerships (SBPs)   

What were your key duties and responsibilities during your internship? 

To develop Machine learning algorithms to analyse user interactions as well as develop a testing database to hold all of this data. Generated a report on my work. 

What was your biggest achievement on your internship? 

Learning and using a difficult software that I had previously never used before to generate fake user training data. It required process that I didn’t understand at all at first but quickly was able to learn and effectively use it. 

Skills Learnt: 

• Ability to Work Under Pressure 
  • Organisation 
  • Strategic Planning 
  • Decision Making  
  • Communication 
  • Teamwork and Collaboration 
  • Focus on Goals and Outcomes 
  • Researching 

Attributes Developed: 

• Confidence 
  • Initiative 
  • Motivation 
  • Independence 
  • Work Ethic 
  • Professionalism 

Your message to other students considering a similar job role, organisation or sector? 

“This internship gave me great insight into working in a start-up organisation instead of a large corporation. I met and learned from everyone in the company which taught me many skills. Working in the start-up also gave me a sense of responsibility since my work was essential to the software the company was developing. It was an enriching experience and will allow me to work better with a team moving forward.