What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?
My role was to encourage and support entrepreneurial activity at the University of Exeter, working closely with a range of University departments and partners. It also included coordinating a range of surgery sessions, workshops and presentations.
My duties included:
• To champion student enterprise at the University of Exeter
• Holding drop in surgery sessions with aspiring entrepreneurs
• To provide advice, support and signposting to other support bodies
• To work closely with the Innovation Centre, Students’ Guild and bodies such as Exeter Entrepreneurs Society
• I coordinated events, speakers and workshops to highlight the importance of enterprise skills in entrepreneurial or larger organisations
• I liaised with SETsquared partners to promote and support student enterprise events with other Universities
What would you say was your biggest achievement over the course of your internship?
I was instrumental in organising Exeter’s first Startup Weekend: an event to give participants from the community the experience of starting a business.
What benefits did your internship bring to your employer?
Great networking, interesting working experiences and mentoring over 150 student businesses over 2 years.