Name of Student: Imogen Wade-Palmer
Job Title: Graduate Ambassador (Widening Participation and Direct Recruitment)
Company Name: University of Exeter
Type of Internship: Graduate Business Partnerships (GBPs)
- What were your key duties and responsibilities during your internship?
As a Graduate Ambassador, I worked in both widening participation and direct recruitment. This involved delivering presentations for schools and colleges to inform students about their Higher Education options. I represented the University of Exeter at Information Fairs and UCAS Exhibitions, as well as helping with events on campus such as Open Days and Offer-Holder visit days.
- What outputs and outcomes did you deliver for your employer?
I represented the University of Exeter at Information Fairs and UCAS Exhibitions, as well as helping with events on campus such as Open Days and Offer-Holder visit days.
- Skills Learnt
- Decision making
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Focus on goals and outcomes
- Time and work load management
- Attributes Developed
- Increased my knowledge of the sector
- Improvement of skills for the workplace
- Creative thinking
- Your message to other students considering a similar job role, organisation or sector?
“The internship was invaluable in helping me to develop the skills required to secure a training contract to be a solicitor. I am now back in full time education completing an MA in Law and look forward to starting with the firm in 2020.”