Outreach Assistant – University of Exeter, CEMPS

creative-desk-pens-school

What were your main duties and responsibilities during the course of your internship?

During my placement I spent a good proportion of my time out of the office as well as in. When I was in the office I was helping to create educational resources as well as lessons in a box, in order to send out into local schools next academic year. When I was out of the office I was helping with a variety of outreach activities in order to promote CEMPS subjects to possible future students. In general I was trying to spread the idea that CEMPS subjects are fun and show that learning them will help everyone with their future career prospects.

I have definitely become much more confident when sharing my ideas and opinions. I have also done a fair amount of presentation speaking and these experiences have definitely prepared me to go into my final year.

I was able to add a number of resources to the current pool of activities used for outreach in the department, and have also come up with more ideas that could be developed in the future.

Did you encounter any problems during the course of your internship and if so, how did you overcome them?

The only problem  was waiting for purchased resources to arrive. This wasn’t the end of the world though as there was always plenty more to be getting on with.

“Eloise was able to provide a different perspective on the planned activities for sessions and worked well within the team. It has been extremely helpful to have an intern helping through this busy time in the year and has made a great contribution to our efforts” – Line Manager